Wednesday, April 2, 2008

bread how to

I have been surfing other food related blogs and I have been inspired to do a how to. Since bread is my forte.... here we go. Feel free to use your favorite bread recipe with my steps.


Step one: Mix warm water with yeast and sugar. Allow to ferment and 'bloom'. It will become very frothy.


While your yeast is blooming, place all your dry ingretients in a bowl. Pour you oil/butter in and then pour your dry ingredients in all at once.



Make sure the salt doesn't hit the yeast mixture directly, it will kill the yeast. Just give the dry ingredients a quick stir before you pour them in.


Start to mix with a wooden spoon, adding more flour as you need it.


Turn the dough out onto the counter and kneed until it forms a nice smooth ball. It should take about 5 minutes.


Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and grease the top. I use pan spray and just spray it all over the top.


Let rise until double in size.


Shape into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan.


let rise until double.


bake.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, you are giving me the courage to try again. Maybe I can come and watch you one day when you make bread because I am still pretty nervous!

Sheyenne said...

Okay, that's cool, and maybe I'll pass it on to Dario and he can give it another shot. As for me, I'd still rather just pay YOU to do it. :)

Shauna said...

What beautiful bread! I found your post via someone else's and someone else's and I'm not even sure how I found you now, but I'm glad I did. I cannot believe you have three kids already! Wow! It seems like Eddie should still be a baby. Anyway, it's great to hear that you all are doing well. We are enjoying Utah, but still miss our Texas friends. We have a blog as well...www.keepupwithus.blogspot.com. Have a great day!

Jeannie said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Sara said...

Looks so good, Alison! Thanks for takin the time to post these directions.
FYI- I found a blog you'd love. Check it out:http://jane4girls800dollarannualbudget.blogspot.com/